posted Oct 19, 2009, 9:46 PM by Sample User
updated Sep 18, 2011, 12:02 AM by José María Díaz Nafría
In November and December 2009, the initiative was given form by: first presenting the seminal idea in several fora and afterwards gathering the needs from different communities of information studies in order to make a preliminary design able to achieve effective collaboration. After having identify some financial support programmes suited to the initiative, a consortium had to be gathered to meet eligibility criteria for EU support.
These support programmes being identified are:
- FP7 Infrastructures (theme: Virtual Research Communities) there was a call with deadline in November 2009, more calls are envisaged but not yet convened.
- FP7 Intrastructures (theme: Scientific Data) calls envisaged for 2010, not yet convened.
- FP7 Intrastructures (theme: Repositories and Digital libraries) calls envisaged for 2010, not yet convened.
- FP7 ICT-Chalenge 4 (digital libraries and content) opened call with deadline: 13 April 2010
- FP7 ICT-FET open scheme, there is an open call.
- ICT PSP (theme: Digital libraries and open access) calls envisaged for 2010, not yet convened.
- COST, in whose case the development must be presented as networking activity and autonomous research support proven, open call, next collection: 26 March 2010.
The gathered consortium is at the beginning of the year composed by the following parties:
- University of León, Spain
- Science of Information Institute, USA
- Unified Theory of Information, Austria
- University of Aegean, Greece
- Bertalanffy Center for the Study of System Theory, Austria
- National Institute of Communication Technologies, Spain
- University of Barcelona, Spain